1 Day Connective Parenting WorkshopIntroducting the Principles of NVR
Connective Parenting uses the Non-Violent Resistance approach, which rebuilds the parent-child relationship through de-escalation, acceptance and reconciliation to allow the child’s needs to be met through the love and care of the parent or carer. The approach can be used by any parent or carer and it can also be used by staff in schools to build strong relationships with pupils.
By the end of the day you will have:
- An understanding of Non-Violent Resistance and how it can help you
- Some strategies to start using straight away
- An understanding of how to prioritise your concerns
- An understanding of your own feelings
The day is designed for parents and professionals who want to learn about the different aspects of NVR. Parents will leave with ideas they can start to implement straight away.
‘the course was fab! I came away with a few key ideas and the basket exercise was particularly useful’Parent
‘The content was spot on for us and we could start using it straight away. Sympathetically delivered from an understanding of the real issues we encounter in our families.’Parent
‘Delivered in a friendly, easy to understand and non-judgemental way.’Parent
Thursday 7th February from 9.30am to 2.30pm
**SPECIAL OFFER** This is the last course available at £30 per person. After this, prices will increase to £50 per person.
This course will be online, via video conference, so you can attend from anywhere in the country (or the world). After registering you will be sent the details for how to join the course on the day. It is very simple and you can join using a smartphone, tablet or pc. Anything with internet access.
Book HERE to secure your place.
- Does this approach really work?
- The short answer is yes. It’s not always easy for parents, or a magic wand, but over time parents who persist see a reduction in the difficult behaviours they may be experiencing from their children
- Does this approach work with all children?
- It is particularly good for those who have experienced trauma, or have additional needs as it supports emotional development
- The cost of the course is not refundable unless your ticket can be resold, or the event is cancelled by the organiser
- Is lunch provided?
- Lunch is not provided, but tea, coffee and biscuits will be available
If you would like a workshop specifically for your organisation, please contact me via email@example.com or call 07817 544707.
Workshops can be for parents and / or professionals