1 Day Connective Parenting WorkshopIntroducting the Principles of NVR
Connective Parenting uses the Non-Violent Resistance approach, which rebuilds the parent-child relationship through de-escalation, acceptance and reconciliation to allow the child’s needs to be met through the love and care of the parent or carer. The approach can be used by any parent or carer and it can also be used by staff in schools to build strong relationships with pupils.
- An understanding of Non-Violent Resistance and how it can help you
- Some strategies to start using straight away
- An understanding of how to prioritise your concerns
- An understanding of your own feelings
The day is designed for parents and professionals who want to learn about the different aspects of NVR. Parents will leave with ideas they can start to implement straight away.
Here are the dates and venues for upcoming courses.
All courses are £30 per person. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided. Please bring your own lunch.
Organisations can request to book a place and pay by invoice. Email email@example.com to arrange.
Friday 19th October from 9.30am to 2.30pm. (Tea and coffee available from 9.15am)
Gosden House School, Horsham Rd, Bramley, Shalford, Guildford GU5 0AH
Wednesday 21st November from 9.30am to 2.30pm (Tea and coffee available from 9.15am)
Haywards Heath Town Hall, 40 Boltro Rd, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1BA
- Does this approach really work?
- The short answer is yes. It’s not always easy for parents, or a magic wand, but over time parents who persist see a reduction in the difficult behaviours they may be experiencing from their children
- Does this approach work with all children?
- It is particularly good for those who have experienced trauma, or have additional needs as it supports emotional development
- The cost of the course is not refundable unless your ticket can be resold, or the event is cancelled by the organiser
- Is lunch provided?
- Lunch is not provided, but tea, coffee and biscuits will be available
If you would like a workshop specifically for your organisation, please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07817 544707.
Workshops can be for parents and / or professionals