Managing Meltdowns Workshop
Are you struggling with your child’s meltdowns?
What if I told you I can help you and that little tweaks to how you parent, can make a big difference?
- tired of struggling to cope with your child’s behaviour and feeling like nothing is working
- tired of feeling like you’re walking on eggshells the whole time
- tired of never knowing when the next outburst is going to come
Then this is the workshop for you.
The problem is that a lot of ‘traditional’ parenting methods don’t help you create a positive connection with your child. They are based on rewards and consequences, which don’t work with many children.
The approach I teach is different. It helps you create a positive bond and works with your child’s brain development, supporting them to understand their own emotions and the impact of their behaviour.
With persistence the difficult behaviours reduce and often disappear completely.
Learn an approach that works and is used by 1000’s of parents.
Thank you for a fantastic course. I learnt so much and you made a difficult topic enjoyable.Parent
Why listen to me?
I’m a mum and I’ve been there. Some days I’m still there. I’ve moved our house from an angry place with lots of meltdowns (and not just from my son!) to a predominantly calm, harmonious home.
It’s not perfect and I wouldn’t want it to be. Learning to manage our emotions is an ongoing process and I don’t aim for perfection (that would be too stressful).
Using this approach we’ve gone from meltdowns that lasted several hours to just a few minutes. It’s not a magic wand, but it does work if you’re prepared to work on it.
If you want to:
- feel in control at home again
- have fun and connection with your child
- wake up feeling like you can cope with anything the day has to offer
- enjoy parenthood and spending time with your child
then this is the workshop for you.
During this 2 hour interactive workshop you will discover how to manage meltdowns in a way that reduces their length and frequency.
You’ll learn tips and strategies that you can start to use straight away, to help you reduce the challenges you’re experiencing.
The workshop is suitable for all parents and carers, and the approach works for all families, whatever the needs.
The workshops cost £20 per person.
Here are the dates for future workshops:
PlayTime Sussex, Basement, Eaton Gardens, Hove, BN3 3TL on Friday 26th April from 9.30 – 11.30
The workshop is taking place at PlayTime Sussex and they are able to provide childcare, should you need it, during the workshop. Please book with them directly at www.playtimesussex.co.uk
Can anyone attend?
- Yes! It’s open to anyone looking after children. The focus is on parents and carers, but the approach also works within an education setting or any setting where children are being looked after.
Is the cost refundable if I can’t attend?
- No. The cost is not refundable. Someone else can attend in your place though. I just ask that you let me know who is coming.
Does this approach work for everyone?
- Yes. It’s based on relationships so works with everyone. Adults included!
Join the newsletter
Register to receive information about NVR, courses and resources to help you.