The NVR Foundation Course for Parents
Are you finding life at home difficult?
Do you feel like your children are in control?
Would you like to start taking back control and bring some peace to your home?
During this 8 week course we will look at all aspects of NVR and how you can use it to change the relationship you have with your children and bring more peace and harmony to your home. You will find out how to:
You will get personalised support and help during the course and it will be led by 2 experienced NVR UK Accredited practitioners.
The group course provides you with support in a variety of ways, for example by:
· Peer support from other parents in similar situations during course discussions
· Providing training from an adoptive parent who has practical and personal experience dealing with aggressive behaviours and has come out the other side
· Active participation during the course, in which you can test different ideas as the course progresses
· Individual support, as necessary, from the course leader via email, twitter or text during the course
· Monthly drop in sessions after completing the course. The first 3 are included in the cost, after that they are £6 per session.
· Free access to an NVR parent support Facebook group
· No. If you want to have a conversation first to make sure this is the right course for you, click here and book a free call and we can discuss it.
· No. NVR is not a magic wand unfortunately. It takes time, consistency and effort. For those parents that do use NVR consistently they do see positive changes.
· Yes, this is a course they will fund.
· Yes, it works with lots of other approaches. For example PACE, is a great way of helping you build parental presence.
· yes, the course also gives you access to a private facebook group where you can get support from other parents who are using NVR. The group is run by Sarah and is a closed group, so only those in the group can see the posts.
· you can also get limited support from the facilitators via email or text during the course
· As a fellow adopter I totally understand that. You are not required to use your real name on the call and your details will not be shared with anyone. Everything discussed on the calls is confidential.
How do I join the calls?
· internet access
· a computer / laptop / smartphone / tablet
· headphones (not essential) they help to improve the sound quality